Monday, April 23, 2012

Pets & Lawn Fertilizer

When you’re caring for your lawn this spring, be sure to read the fine print on your fertilizer package. Some of the most common lawn fertilizers can be toxic to your pets, causing a variety of symptoms if breathed in or ingested. Most fertilizers recommend keeping pets and children off the grass for at least 3 days after application, and sometimes longer. Before you apply fertilizer, read the instructions carefully, and follow all manufacturer recommendations. When possible, use pet-safe and child-safe fertilizers, because they’ve been formulated to keep your family safe from toxins.

No comments:

Post a Comment